Need to part with Cane Corso, but how?

• 1 Replies

Kayaker

Need to part with Cane Corso, but how?
« on: November 29, 2015, 08:50:55 PM »
My 26 yr old son was home for Thanksgiving with his two dogs and he has come to the realization that he cannot have two large dogs living in a 1 bedroom apt. in Chicago.  He has one from a pup, medium -large pit mutt and took on a female King Cane Corso in Jan 2015 when a neighbor kept it locked in a cage all day and said she did not want it. He could not stand to see this large pup locked up all day long so he agreed to take it.  The dog is about 105lbs now, beautiful marbled brown and tan and about 1 1/2 yrs old.  Gets along well with his mate and all people, temperamental with other large dogs, loves little dogs. 

It was very difficult for my son to reach this conclusion and we will be very cautious which home she goes to, as her long term well being is our number one goal.  Neither of us could just drop her at a shelter, our local shelter is not a no-kill, no way.  I'm glad that he rescued her and  even more glad that he recognizes that keeping her is not in her best interest.  Picture attached.  Does anyone have suggestions on how to find a new LOVING home for Xena (Zena)?  Would appreciate your help, suggestions and feedback.  Thank you

Elizabeth

Offline CCR Matt

• Administrator
  • Cane Corso Rescue, Inc.
    • View Profile
Re: Need to part with Cane Corso, but how?
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2015, 08:42:53 PM »
Hi Elizabeth,

Welcome to the forums.
If your son is willing to surrender the dog to Cane Corso Rescue, please have him fill out an application to surrender on our website: https://canecorsorescue.org/surrender-form/
Adopt  |  Surrender  | Donate  | Walk a Dog